Make a Donation to Faith In Action
Faith In Action is primarily supported by local donations. Tax receipts will be provided upon request. While we are unable to pick up donations, volunteers are on site to help unload at the east door of the main level. See our Contact Us page for drop off hours.
Tax deductible financial support is also crucial to ongoing operations. Donations will be acknowledged with a receipt appropriate for tax purposes.
The Annual Benefit Banquet of Faith in Action will be held on Saturday, April 25, in the dining room at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, at 6 p.m. Our event will include music by a quartet of classical students from Dexter High School, live and silent auction, and acknowledgement of the Humanitarian of the Year, Anne Comeau.
To reserve a spot at the April 25th Annual Benefit Banquet via PayPal—go to “Donate” below, and in the notation spot, write “Fundraiser”, and indicate your menu choice of either Asiago Chicken Breast or Roasted Pepper Alfredo Pasta. Also, please include your email in case we need to contact you. Thanks!
OR: Mail to:Faith In Action
603 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Volunteers evaluate pantry supplies weekly. To learn which items are most needed, see our News and Updates page for current list of food pantry needs, or call (734) 475-3305.
Food, cleaning products, and personal products are always needed, as these items cannot be purchased with food stamps.
Clothing and Household Items
The following clothing and household items are generally accepted:
- Seasonal clothing for all ages (warm weather clothing from late March-August, cold weather clothing from September-March).
- Sheets, blankets, towels
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Kitchen supplies: dishes, pots and pans, utensils, silverware
- General household supplies
- Toys, games, bikes
- Baby equipment
- Durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, canes, bath benches, bedside commodes, walkers)
We Do Not Accept
- Electronic equipment, typewriters, building materials, large sports equipment, computers, old cell phones, out of season clothing, curtain rods.
- Medication, medical supplies like tubing, orthopedic appliances (boots), or CPAP machines.
Durable Medical Equipment
Faith in Action maintains a lending closet of durable medical equipment, including walkers, crutches, bedside commodes, bath benches, and various other items. Adult diapers are also accepted.
We Do Not Accept
- Orthopedic appliances (such as sprain boots), CPAP machines, Oxygen supplies or advanced medical supplies, hospice supplies or medications cannot be accepted.
Large furniture and items not listed above can be listed in the notebook at FIA. Items claimed through this process are eligible for tax receipts. Contact FIA for details.
Other local agencies that accept donations for local support services:
- Salvation Army: (734) 668-8353
- Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Reuse Center: (734) 662-6288
- Ann Arbor ReStore: (734) 677-1558
- Ann Arbor Kiwanis Rummage Sale and Pick up: (734) 665-0450
- Friends in Deed: (734) 484-4357
- Thrift Shop of Ann Arbor: (734) 662-6771
- St. Vincent de Paul: (734) 761-1400
Cars or other vehicles in working order are accepted for donation to local families needing transportation. Cars not in working order can also be donated to generate some funds for Faith in Action. Bicycles may also be donated.