Make a Donation to Faith In Action
Tax deductible financial support is crucial to ongoing operations. Donations will be acknowledged with a receipt appropriate for tax purposes. Click the button below to donate online:
Or, donations can be sent to:
Faith in Action
603 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Food and Products
Volunteers evaluate pantry supplies weekly. To learn which items are most needed, see our News and Updates page for current list of food pantry needs, or call (734) 475-3305.
Food, cleaning products, and personal products are always needed, as these items cannot be purchased with food stamps.
Clothing and Household Items
See our Contact Us page for drop off hours.
Tax receipts for Clothing Room donations will be provided upon request. While we are unable to provide pick up, volunteers are on site to help unload at the east door of the main level.
The following clothing and household items are generally accepted:
- Seasonal clothing for all ages (warm weather clothing from late March-August, cold weather clothing from September-March).
- Sheets, blankets, towels
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Kitchen supplies: dishes, pots and pans, utensils, silverware
- Small appliances: toasters, blenders, small microwaves or toaster ovens
- General household supplies
- Toys, games, bikes
- Baby equipment
- Durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, canes, bath benches, bedside commodes, walkers)
We Do Not Accept
- Electronic equipment, typewriters, building materials, large sports equipment, computers, old cell phones, out of season clothing, curtain rods.
- Medication, medical supplies like tubing, orthopedic appliances (boots), or CPAP machines.
Durable Medical Equipment
Faith in Action maintains a lending closet of durable medical equipment, including walkers, crutches, bedside commodes, bath benches, and various other items. Adult diapers are also accepted.
We Do Not Accept
- Orthopedic appliances (such as sprain boots), CPAP machines, Oxygen supplies or advanced medical supplies, hospice supplies or medications cannot be accepted.
Faith in Action does not handle furniture
Local agencies that accept donations for local support services:
- Kiwanis West: Rummage Sale and Pick up: (734) 665-0450
- Salvation Army: (734) 668-8353
- Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Reuse Center: (734) 662-6288
- Ann Arbor ReStore: (734) 677-1558
- Friends in Deed: (734) 484-4357
- Thrift Shop of Ann Arbor: (734) 662-6771
- St. Vincent de Paul: (734 761-1400
Cars or other vehicles in working order are accepted for donation to local families needing transportation. Cars not in working order can also be donated to generate some funds for Faith in Action. Bicycles may also be donated.