Make a Donation to Faith In Action
Faith In Action is primarily supported by local donations. Tax receipts will be provided upon request. We are generally unable to pick up donations, but volunteers are on site to help unload at the east door of the main level. See our Contact Us page for drop off hours.
Tax deductible financial support is crucial to the ongoing mission of Faith in Action. Donations will be acknowledged with a receipt appropriate for tax purposes.
Make an online donation via Paypal:
Mail your donation to:Faith In Action
603 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Volunteers evaluate our pantry supplies and update the FIA wish list weekly. To learn which items are currently most needed, please see our News and Updates page for current list of food pantry needs, orcall (734) 475-3305.
Food, cleaning products, and personal products are always needed for our pantry. We stock primarily non-perishable foods but have some freezer and refrigerator space available. Cleaning and personal products such as laundry soap, toilet tissue, deodorant, etc. are always needed, as these items cannot be purchased with food stamps.
Clothing and Household Items
The following clothing and household items are generally accepted:
- Seasonal clothing for all ages (warm weather clothing from late March-August, cold weather clothing from September-March).
- Sheets, blankets, towels
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Kitchen supplies: dishes, pots and pans, utensils, silverware
- General household supplies
- Toys, games, bikes
- Baby equipment
- Durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, canes, bath benches, bedside commodes, walkers)
We Do Not Accept
- Electronic equipment, typewriters, building materials, large sports equipment, computers, old cell phones, out of season clothing, curtain rods.
- Medication, medical supplies like tubing, orthopedic appliances (boots), or CPAP machines.
Durable Medical Equipment
Faith in Action maintains a lending closet of durable medical equipment, including walkers, crutches, bedside commodes, bath benches, and various other items. Adult diapers are also accepted.
We Do Not Accept
- Orthopedic appliances (such as sprain boots), CPAP machines, Oxygen supplies or advanced medical supplies, hospice supplies or medications cannot be accepted.
Large furniture and items not listed above can be listed in the notebook at FIA. Items claimed through this process are eligible for tax receipts. Contact FIA for details.
Other local agencies that accept donations for local support services:
- Salvation Army: (734) 668-8353
- Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Reuse Center: (734) 662-6288
- Ann Arbor ReStore: (734) 677-1558
- Ann Arbor Kiwanis Rummage Sale and Pick up: (734) 665-0450
- Friends in Deed: (734) 484-4357
- Thrift Shop of Ann Arbor: (734) 662-6771
- St. Vincent de Paul: (734) 761-1400
Cars or other vehicles in working order are accepted for donation to local families needing transportation. Cars not in working order can also be donated to generate some funds for Faith in Action. Bicycles may also be donated.