Volunteer at Faith In Action
Volunteers are currently needed at Faith In Action House. Consider joining faithful friends who are working to improve the lives of people in our area. We believe you will find the work fun and rewarding.
What do volunteers do?
From the beginning, Faith in Action has been, and to this day remains, primarily staffed by volunteers, whose efforts and energy are essential for the work we do. FIA currently has over 70 volunteers working in various capacities. As a FIA volunteer you may:
- Sort donations and organize the clothing room – volunteers usually work a 3.5 hour shift each week
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Pick up and organize donated food
- Serve as food drive coordinator for your congregation
- Fill emergency food orders
- Serve as computer aid at the Michigan Works! Remote access site
- Deliver furniture or medical equipment
- Help with Rebuilding Together (formerly Christmas in April)
- Adopt needy families for Adopt-a-Student or Adopt-a-Family
- Make a Thanksgiving basket
- Help with holiday distribution
- Drive Meals-on-Wheels for the Senior Nutrition Program or help prepare food for delivery
- Serve as CROP Walk promoter in your congregation (CROP designates 15% of pledges for FIA)
- Make a cash donation or pledge in your estate planning
- Help with Annual Benefit Banquet or Year End Mailing
Would you like to help?
If you are interested in our mission and would like to be involved, please contact Doug at (734) 475-3305.