Tax deductible financial support is crucial to ongoing operations at Faith In Action. Donations are acknowledged with a receipt appropriate for tax purposes.
Or, donations by check can be mailed or dropped off:
Faith in Action
603 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Food and Grocery Donations
DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE TAKING EXTRA PRECAUTIONS FOR FOOD AND GROCERY DONATIONS. [READ MORE].
Volunteers evaluate pantry supplies weekly. To learn which items are most needed, see our News and Updates page for current list of food pantry needs, or call (734) 475-3305.
Food, cleaning products, and personal products are always needed, as these items cannot be purchased with food stamps.
Clothing and Household Items
DUE TO LIMITED SPACE, YOU MUST CALL FIRST TO MAKE SURE WE CAN TAKE YOUR ITEMS: (734) 475-3305.
See our Contact Us page for drop off hours.
Tax receipts for Clothing Room donations will be provided upon request. While we are unable to provide pick up, volunteers are on site to help unload at the east door of the main level.
The following clothing and household items are generally accepted:
- Seasonal clothing for all ages (warm weather clothing from late March-August, cold weather clothing from September-March).
- Sheets, blankets, towels
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Kitchen supplies: dishes, pots and pans, utensils, silverware
- Small appliances: toasters, blenders, small microwaves or toaster ovens
- General household supplies
- Toys, games, bikes
- Baby equipment
- Durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, canes, bath benches, bedside commodes, walkers)
We Do Not Accept
- Electronic equipment, typewriters, building materials, large sports equipment, computers, old cell phones, out of season clothing, curtain rods.
- Medication, medical supplies like tubing, orthopedic appliances (boots), or CPAP machines.
Durable Medical Equipment
Faith in Action maintains a lending closet of durable medical equipment, including walkers, crutches, bedside commodes, bath benches, and various other items. Adult diapers are also accepted.
We Do Not Accept
- Orthopedic appliances (such as sprain boots), CPAP machines, Oxygen supplies or advanced medical supplies, hospice supplies or medications cannot be accepted.
Vehicles and bicycles in working order
Cars or other vehicles in working order are accepted for donation to local families needing transportation. Cars not in working order can also be donated to generate some funds for Faith in Action. Bicycles may also be donated.
FIA does not accept furniture donations
Local agencies that accept donations for local support services:
Kiwanis West: Rummage Sale and Pick up: (734) 665-0450
Salvation Army: (734) 668-8353
Recycle Ann Arbor Reuse Reuse Center: (734) 662-6288
Ann Arbor ReStore: (734) 677-1558
Friends in Deed: (734) 484-4357
Thrift Shop of Ann Arbor: (734) 662-6771
St. Vincent de Paul: (734 761-1400