The FIA board is accepting applications to fill the Executive Director role, as Nancy Paul plans her retirement after 15 years of leadership. For a complete job description and application instructions, see below:
Faith in Action is a faith based non-profit organization based in Chelsea, Michigan whose mission is providing essential supports to alleviate the effects of hunger and poverty for those in Chelsea and Dexter. We have a passion for fostering healthy communities and economic independence of our residents, demonstrating compassion, respect and dignity for all. FIA manages an annual budget in excess of $1.5M inclusive of in-kind donations.
The Executive Director has oversight of all FIA staff and volunteers and works closely with the Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees. Competitive salary.
- Identify, design and implement programs.
- Recommend and recruit appropriate staffing for social work, volunteers, administration.
- Provide financial oversight, including annual budget and compliance.
- Represent and promote the agency in the community.
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad spectrum of area organizations, entities and civic groups.
- Provide lead on strategic planning, facilities and operations.
- Support all positions at a “hands on level”, with regular client interaction.
- Thorough understanding of social services business model, including research, record keeping and data collection and analysis to appropriately identify appropriate programming and guarantee careful stewardship of resources.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, etc.
- Bachelors Degree required, with minimum five years in non-profit management. Strong social services background.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, adaptability, compassion, flexibility and good listening skills.
- Resourceful and innovative approach to programming and crisis intervention.
- Proven success in fundraising initiatives.
- Appreciation for integrated marketing incorporating social media and traditional print marketing.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience:Nonprofit leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
This job will require you to pass a background check:
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Application deadline: Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.